There are a lot of membership plugins out there. Some are free and some are premium. I’ve tested a few, but I found that they did a lot more than I needed. So I discovered a simple way to protect a page or post using the Redirection plugin.
The Redirection plugin is great for several reasons:
- It’s available for free in the plugin directory.
- Redirection has been in development for over 10 years and is updated frequently.
- The plugin has over one million active installs with a 4.5 star rating.
- It is developed by an Automattic employee (the developers of WordPress).
- It just works!
In this section, you will learn how to protect a post, page or other content on your site using Redirection. Let’s get started!
Download the free plugin from the Plugin Directory:
- Click Plugins from the Sidebar Menu, then Add New
- Search for Keyword: Redirection
This is the one you are looking for:
Click Install Now
Once installed, click Activate.